Saturday, September 26, 2020

My Favourite Game!

Hello! This is a post about my favourite game. This was an easy decision as you can see my blog is dedicated to the game. I'm not much of a gamer, I really only play The Sims 4 on the PC, Animal Crossing New Horizons on the Nintendo Switch and maybe a bit of Mario Kart also on the Nintendo Switch! I used to play more on the WII or the Nintendo DS when they were a thing. I loved a good karaoke game on the WII.



I started playing The Sims when I was super young, it would've been The Sims 2 at the time. My sister used to love it and I would sit and watch her play completely engrossed. I would've been 7 or 8 maybe playing that. The Sims 3 game out when I was 10, I remember being so excited when a new expansion pack was coming out, I would go into the local Xtra Vision and get a copy as soon as my mam would drive me in. I think I had most if not all of the expansion packs, I don't know how my mam put up with me. The Sims 4 is what I play now as it's the newest version. It's the kind of game you play for 3 weeks straight without blinking or you don't touch it for 3 years (an exaggeration of course).

There's something about The Sims that I'm obsessed with, I think it could be to do with having full control over their lives compared to us humans don't have the full control (wow is that a bit weird?? probably). I would rather create their houses than actually play the game, I am completely obsessed with building, decorating and everything to do with making a house. There's just some good serotonin when you finish a house and it looks top notch. Again, this is probably down to the fear that I will never be able to own my own house (we do love a good housing crisis).  

Photo Caption: The Sims 4 logo with three sims underneath.



Link to image.


A contender for my favourite game was Animal Crossing New Horizons. I had never played any Animal Crossing game before this one, which whenever I told anyone that they were very confused. But then Corona Virus happened and I was so bored and saw the hype for it EVERYWHERE so I said hey, I have a Nintendo Switch (that I never used) so I might as well since I was spending no money anywhere else. I became absolutely obsessed. It was bad, I could've played it literally all day if I let myself (which I did a few times ops). I used to be playing for I'd say at least 4 hours a day probably more, but now I haven't touched my Switch in about a month? My villagers probably hate me and there are probably weeds everywhere so I am terrified to turn it back on. I got the point with the game where I had enough money to buy everything and had completed all the things you could at the time and just got bored.

Photo Caption: Animal Crossing New Horizons gameplay with the logo at the top right.

That's all from me now, I hope you enjoyed this little piece and an introduction to my favourite games. I think they both say a lot about me as a person.

Megan

0 comments:

Post a Comment