Saturday, December 5, 2020

Unity Tutorial 10

 Hello and welcome back to this weeks Unity Tutorial! 

This week has been a disaster I'm not going to lie. I did not think it could get worse. My game is just breaking and not working and I spent all day on it and just can't do anymore. I looked at a few tutorials for these weeks. 

I first looked at this tutorial as I had to take the car out of my game and I tried to get another but I couldn't get another to work so I tried bringing in the original one to see would it work this time and when I imported it, it wouldn't work so I had to watch this tutorial on how to bring in the car again and what was I doing wrong. I realised I was bringing in the wrong car the whole time. This also broke my audio when my coins are collected and it also messed with the audio from the car, it makes a really loud sound.

Once I got that working I was looking at my timer as it counts down from 30 and that's it which isn't much use to me as I tied myself going around the course and it takes about 4 minutes and 20 seconds so I wanted to put a 5-minute timer on it but I couldn't find one in minutes so I tried seconds aka 300 seconds and that wouldn't work so I said I'd move on and actually get something useful done this week. (Spoiler alert I didn't)

I said I'd add a win screen in so at least I would win if all goes. So I went with this tutorial, I did it fine and everything was looking great but when it came to actually show the win screen when you've "won" it doesn't show.. I looked at it two more times but I just can't figure it out, I'm clearly doing something wrong but I have no idea what. It also got rid of my coin and countdown UI when I had it finished.

Screenshot from the tutorial I was watching

I honestly have no idea where I'm going from this. I can't see myself finishing the game either, not unless a miracle happens. I feel like I just wasted the day working on the game and I feel like I took two steps back.

Hope you enjoyed reading about my disaster of a day... :):):)

-Megan


2 comments:

  1. Hey Megan,
    First off congrats on making it this far and I get it that you are disappointed with your game but hey look you made a game yeah maybe it didn't work perfectly but hell you made a game. You did your best and that's all anyone can ask for I am in a similar boat where I don't think I'm gonna finish my game but I keep reminding myself that I did my best and that's honestly all I can do.
    ~John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Megan me again :) Just had a read through your unity tutorial blog post. Okay glad to hear I wasn't the only one who had a disaster of a week!!!! But listen like John said you have come so far, and worked so hard on your game!!! Your hard work will pay off don't worry and the game does not need to be "perfect". - Aoibhe

    ReplyDelete