Friday, February 5, 2021

Planning

Hello and welcome back to my blog, this week for the reading it's all about planning! Not going to lie I am nervous about this reading task but I know if I put my mind to it I should do okay. I decided to go with the topic "What is a Genre". I went with this topic as I thought I already had some knowledge on genres and it would have a lot of academic papers on it. 

Image Source
Image of a brainstorm with different genres listed

In the lecture this week Lindsay from the Library came to talk to us about the services available which would very much be of use for this reading project. It was really useful as I really didn't know how to do any of it before she came in. She gave us lots of information which made me feel more confident that I would be able to do the reading to my full capability. I took notes and will definitely be using the majority if not all of the things she thought us.

I had a look at the Matrix Method and it looks a bit complicated for me, so instead, I plan on making a list on my laptop to keep track of anything I've read and any research I want to use. I use lists for just about everything so I am sure this method will work for me. I much prefer the simple, straightforward way. 

I then began to search for different keywords to use to find papers that will suit me, so far I have come up with "Gaming" "Genre" and " Video Games". I plan to create a brainstorm to find more and keep looking up various papers to see what I can find to help me. I will be using the library resources to find papers to research with. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment