Thursday, October 1, 2020

Time Strategies

 You know it's bad when you procrastinate writing this blog post on time management... Not my best thing but hey, look at me... Who would've thought? Not me.

Welcome welcome! I need to work on how I start these things, make them more interesting. Put some spice into them. Anyways, I'm okay with time management well, I would like to think. Clearly, me just admitting I procrastinated this wasn't my best move. But hey we're living in the future. So, time management. Majority of the time I absolutely HATE being late or submitting late it's just something that's inside of me. My Dad is the same he always gets there early, my Mam on the other hand? Disaster. She'll tell you she's five minutes away and she hasn't even left yet. Putting them two personalities together and boom you have me. Does this even fall into the category of time management? unsure but we'll trek on anyway. 

I'm trying to keep on time with everything as much as I can this semester and get everything done a few days before it is due, this will leave me less stressed. I hope to keep to my schedule for this module and for every module this semester. I will always look back at it and amend where I need to if I figure out that it's just not working for me

So I read two of the articles (I know the bare minimum look at me go). I picked How to Beat Procrastination (Ironic I know) and How Checklists Train Your Brain to be More Productive and Goal Orientated. I do love checklists so I thought it was the perfect one.

How to Beat Procrastination:

So what I learned from this article is to visualise the task that needs to be done which I can see why that needs to be done, I will definitely try this it seems helpful. Also to give yourself a treat when doing something you don't like, which again makes sense. They gave an example of reading a trashy magazine at the gym to make it easier. I like the idea of an actual treat, maybe then I'd get as excited as my dog Chomp when I say the word "treat". They also suggested to pre-commit publicly and I stand by this! I do this all the time I will put on my close friend's story on Instagram that only 23 of my close friends can see. They hold me accountable if I don't update about what I'm doing. That's how I kept going with my knitting over quarantine so would definitely recommend this method!

How Checklists Train Your Brain to be More Productive and Goal Orientated:

This article was really interesting! I mentioned above that I love lists but never knew why and now it makes sense! I learned that smaller goals are more achievable and often lead to getting the bigger goals accomplished. When crossing off something from a list a hormone called dopamine, this makes sense as to why I love lists the satisfaction of crossing something off or checking it literally makes me happy, the idea of that makes me laugh. Something so simple can make someone happy. I also learned that I experience gamification every day, I have a smartwatch and it shoots fireworks and looks cool when I have walked/ran 10,000 steps and I literally will walk around outside at 11:50 at night just to get the 10,000 steps and then I can go to sleep happy. 

With that all being said, this is the last task of week two and I'm absolutely buzzing. One thing I have learned from all these blogs is I am shocking bad at spelling (which I should've already known) but didn't realise the extent. Thank god for Grammarly correcting me every five seconds. I have also realised that sometimes when I'm typing my keyboard will randomly add a "." after a word and I'm not sure why. So, I do apologise if one has snuck in somewhere without me seeing it. See you for week 3.


Photo link
Photo caption: A photo of a clock, a visual representation of time.


-Megan

0 comments:

Post a Comment