Saturday, October 10, 2020

Unity Tutorial 02

Hello!! This is my blog about the 2nd tutorial on Unity 3D!

The tutorial started off great, I found it very easy to follow along. The tutorials are proving really helpful and I would like to think I am learning. I really liked how by the end that the car was able to actually swerve around the boxes and not just crash into them! It definitely does make me nervous looking at all the code and everything to see how am I going to do this in a game by myself without instructions.

When I started on “Challenge 1 & Quiz Plane Programming” I found this very difficult. Although the tutorials were easy to follow when doing this almost alone I found it hard. Even with the hints on the bottom, I found it very difficult. I tried it at the start by myself without the hints but just couldn’t remember how to do many of the things even having done all previously. I then looked at the hints and again I couldn’t get my head around them. I ended up getting really stuck and had to look up a YouTube video on how to do it. I’m definitely going to have to spend more time on the tutorials and maybe even watching and doing them a good few times. This is a downfall as I really thought I was getting on good with Unity and was ready to start my game even just doing the basics. Not a major problem though, I can work through it and even if all goes there seems to be plenty of help online when it comes to the code and how to do things in Unity.

I feel like I am already going back on myself from my last post saying I was excited to begin my game and to see what I can do. I can now definitely see myself crying over trying to make the game.

Hopefully, all will go better next week and I might even get some practice in before then! Thanks for reading.

-Megan
Photo Source
Photo Caption: Person holding Xbox remote

0 comments:

Post a Comment