Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Tutorial 05 - Week 18(06)

Hello! This post is about the 5th unity tutorial for week 18(06). 

I thought this week's tutorial went grand, it was handy enough! Nothing extremely complicated. The only thing that got me was them just being like add "blank" into the enemy script and even worse when they were just like add one of those in. I didn't like how it didn't say exactly what to add to the code. I know this is obviously to get used to it but I still struggle, unfortunately. I am getting there though so look, any progress is enough for me! They also linked the wrong tutorial to go back and look at for slicing the particles up so I had to go back to find that which was a pain. It wasn't a big thing but I couldn't remember where it was.

Here are some screenshots of the game and how it's looking. I was surprised how easy it was to make the camera move with the player and expand the area where I can run.

A screenshot of my game

A screenshot of my game zoomed out.

I'm delighted now that the game jam is over that I don't have to make an actual game by myself now, I do think it took a lot of pressure off us which is great. That's all from me now! 
Thanks for reading,
-Megan :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment