Sunday, March 14, 2021

Tutorial 06 - Week 19(07)

Unity Real-Time Development Platform | 3D, 2D VR & AR Engine
The photo is of the unity logo source.

This post is about this week's unity tutorial. In the two tutorials, we had to do the first one we added in UI or Heads up display which displays the health bar. It was a very cute little UI display with a photo of the character Ruby in it. It was really interesting to see this come to life. Though in the middle of doing this tutorial unity just stopped responding so I had to quit it in the end and start from scratch. That was very annoying but thankfully I wasn't too far into it, definitely would've been a lot worse if I had gotten further or was even finished and it stopped! 

In the second tutorial, we had to add another character called Jambi. We had to add a dialogue box to Jambi too in order for him to "talk" to Ruby! I just added in the text "Hey! Help me fix all the broken robots" like it said in the tutorial. I was surprised at how this worked easily enough for me and everything seemed to go fine! It's also a cool addition to make the game more interactive. 

I think it'll be interesting to see what the last two tutorials are like and what the game finishes like! Hopefully, they'll be easy enough.

Anyways, thanks for reading! 

-Megan :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment