Friday, November 20, 2020

First playable

 Hello and welcome to my blog post about this weeks project task! 

Today I allocated two hours to work on my game. I'm not gonna lie, I didn't get as much done as I would've hoped but it's better than nothing. 

I started off with continuing to watch this tutorial I was watching last week. I started off by following him and making my trees look more realistic which really made it look a lot better. I then wanted to add the timer and he was doing this so I was following along. I was following him for a while and then realised he was adding a lap time and best lap feature. So I coped on that I didn't want them in my game, instead, I wanted a counting down timer and a coin collecting UI. 

I went on the search for other tutorials.  I had a few other saved but none were great. Instead, I found this tutorial which was by the same guy as the first one I linked. His tutorials are great, really clear and easy to understand! I would recommend him! He also added a sound when collecting the coin and I wanted to as well so I went on the hunt for a sound effect for it and found one here. 

I continued the tutorial and finished it off. I have a little bit to fix where the number of the coins collected doesn't go up so I will do this again. 

Really all I have left to do is to finish the coins and add more to the game, test runs to see how long it would take and change the timer, and then when the timer runs out or when you collect all the coins in the time to either triggers the win or lose screen! 

I'm happy with my progress overall so far and maybe even next week finish it?? Who knows!! Below are three screenshots of my game

Screenshot of my game 

Screenshot of my game 

Screenshot of my game 

Thanks for reading! :) 

-Megan

4 comments:

  1. Hii, Megan!
    From the images you added on the post your game is looking very nice!
    Was there anything that you found tricky to do on the proccess?
    I don't about you, but I'm feeling like a game creator expert after these first stages of our game creations hahahah
    Best of luck on finishing your game, hope I can play it when it is ready :D
    Lívia Alencar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Megan, Just after reading your blog here and your prototype is looking cool as far. Seems like your doing very well with your creation its good you have a couple tutorials to help with, hopefully you don't find trouble when it comes to adding coins and other things. Besides that good luck with the rest of your game.
    -Tochi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello again Megan! Just came directly from your Prototype and can't believe you're almost finished already?? I love the idea of having the finish line so the player knows when they have won the game. My game will also include having to collect coins so I might have to take your recommendation and look at those tutorials! Hopefully I'll get to play once its finished!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Megan,I hope you are doing well!! I just was looking at your first playable game and well done it looks amazing!! It looks like you nearly have it all finished! I wonder when the player collects the coins will there be an indication on the screen to tell them. Like a puff of smoke, firework etc. This could reward the player. I was also thinking what if the player collects all of the coins in your game, maybe each game could be worth 5 seconds and how ever many they collect by the end of the game, the time could be deducted from the final time. I don't know if that makes much sense haha. I wish you luck with your game. Aoibhe

    ReplyDelete