Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Unity Tutorial 6

 Hello and welcome to this week's blog post about the unity tutorial!!

Okay so it went great, the first part went all as planned and I was surprised at how easy it seemed to add music and sounds to your game. These will definitely come in handy when it comes to my game as I plan on adding different sounds to it. 

The challenge, of course (story of my life), wouldn't work for me. I again couldn't figure it out, I really don't think I'm getting this whole gaming thing. It just seems so complicated. So, again I looked up a tutorial to follow and found one that actually had the solutions and I followed them but mine didn't work. 

I'm really not sure where I went wrong I literally spent what felt like years looking at my code, then looking at his code and examine the differences and I couldn't find any. There obviously was some differences because mine wouldn't work and his game was working fine. I then tried to compare my code with the previous tutorial I followed and that just confused me more. I know what's wrong with it that it's saying PlayerControllerX doesn't seem to exist?? It's in both my move left script and the spawn one. 

It got to a point where my head started to hurt so I gave up. I know it's definitely something stupid I did or something that makes perfect sense I just couldn't do it.

I just hope when it comes to my actual game that I can figure this stuff out or even google have an answer because I tried googling it but I didn't understand what they were saying, it's like a different language to me haha. But hey could be a lot worse, I got the tutorial done at least. 

A screenshot of the unity challenge that I took.

Hopefully, next week will be better. Thanks for reading!

-Megan

0 comments:

Post a Comment