Monday, November 23, 2020

Week 9 Reading and Writing

Hello and welcome to this week's reading task! It's a bit different than usual. This week instead of reading papers and writing about them we are to review our past reading and writing assignments. I like this as it lets me look back to see how I am doing with the different readings and writing. 

Not going to lie, I really didn't enjoy these at the beginning and was struggling with them. I think this was just down to I was definitely out of the practice of reading in general. Looking back I should've used lockdown to read more but hey too late now. I got into the swing of them but also chose to skip some. Once our lecturer Shaun started doing them during our lecture time it really made them easier. I was contributing different bits but also seeing how other people did them and what they took from each reading. It was really interesting to see how people understood it in a different way. Shaun was able to give us good tips on how to tackle reading tasks and I think they really help. I think reading the introduction and the conclusion gives you a good vibe of what happens in the reading. Also, to skim through it first to see what point it makes and to take notes!

I think by doing the reading each week they do somewhat help with the game. I wouldn't say every week does but there have been some that do help. I am happy with my game project I feel I've put a lot of work and thought into it, which is a surprise because at the start of this module I was really dreading it. I'm not a gamer at all and I just thought it would be all games games games but it's really not. It's enjoyable and more about the process rather than the finished project which helps. In terms of my biggest accomplishment for this module, I think it would be getting every task done on time and setting out a schedule every week. The schedule is a big help and lets me focus on this module and the other modules with time to spare for fun things to do. That was a big thing at the start of the semester even only a few weeks ago I was spending what it felt like every second of the day doing college work and I had no time for fun or tv etc. It was a balance I struggled with but I think I have it somewhat gotten the hang of it. I'm also proud of how my game is coming along. It might not be the best game ever but hey I've worked really hard on it and I think that's all that counts.


Caption: screenshot from my game

My favourite image from my posts I would say is the image above. I would say it is this one purely because you can see how far I've come in this module. From saying I have no interest in games and have no idea what I'm at to this a playable game (well somewhat). I just think that's super cool.

Looking forward I don't think there's nothing more I want to achieve from the reading and writing tasks. I think I've achieved a lot already and I'd be pushing my luck for more! I think I've done well so far and hopefully, my overall grade will show that!

That's it from me! Thanks for reading, hope I didn't waffle on too much.

-Megan


0 comments:

Post a Comment