Monday, November 23, 2020

Review Week Comments and Feedback

Hello and welcome to another reflection/ review post! This one is based on comments and feedback. Overall I enjoyed both the commenting and the giving/ receiving feedback during this module.

Image Link
Image Caption: Little man with a magnifying glass looking at the word review.

The non-feedback comments I received were really nice, they came in from friends and from people who I've never talked to. It definitely made me feel when we go back to in-person college that I can talk to more people. I got to know loads of people via their introductions. I learned things about people in my course which I never knew before, even from people who I considered friends. I feel like the introductions were probably much stranger this year than years previous due to covid. It'll be mad to look back on them once covid becomes a thing of the past. 


The feedback comments I received were great. It really gave me ideas of things to add to the game and overall how to improve my game. I'm looking and thinking of the one game the whole time and you think "God there's no way I can expand this", then you get someone coming in with fresh eyes and haven't heard of your game before and boom new idea. It really helped throughout the process. Also with the feedback comments, you see how people play games if they suggest different things because they say it in another game and it really works. As someone who doesn't play many games, they were really helpful. I think I definitely found the more casual feedback comments helpful when they're said in more of a friendly tone somehow it seems more useful.

I try to leave good comments and feedback on peoples posts! I'm not sure if they're helpful but hopefully even one helped someone out. I really tried to be helpful. I think reading other people's writing really helps me in my own writing and makes me better it. The different feedback strategies we read about really helped me leave feedback if it wasn't for that I think my feedback would be even worse.

I definitely feel a sense of getting to know people with the blogs, as I stated in my last blog I've received comments and commented on peoples blogs of people I haven't talked to before and I feel like I could easily talk to them in person now. Especially as we're doing online college people may find a disconnect but by reading loads of peoples introductions and other posts you get a good sense of the person and feel connected and almost becomes a little community. 

I think my introduction really shows me as a person. The only thing I think I should've added was maybe the music I listen to or the shows I watch, I've noticed the common theme on other people's introductions. I know when I read that someone liked the same artists as me or watched the same TV shows I got excited and definitely went on a rant about the topic (I apologise to anyone that I did go on a rampage talking about an artist or TV show on their blog hahaha). I think it really provides a space for people to get to know me and talk to me.

I think maybe having the feedback comments at 100 words is easier than 150. Sometimes when I was commenting I feel it just wasn't helpful and I just kept writing in order to hit the 150 words. I think my 100 worded feedback comments closer to now we're much more helpful. Apart from this, I think everything works great!

That's all for me now, thanks for reading!!

-Megan :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment